EVOLVING OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITEMENT:
Since our inception Holden has operated from the inside out with environmental consciousness. From creating to improving upon the original “eco-friendlier” performance hemp-fiber fabric to using the environmentally minded Schoeller® C_Change™ 3-layer technology, we are 100% devoted to evolving the eco niche we helped pioneer.
We are committed to making every single product possible with sustainability in mind. For 09/10 we have expanded our eco-minded technologies to 90% of the product line, including the lower price H Classics. We make improvements absolutely everywhere we can, from implementing recycled zippers and insulation to automatically offering a PFOA free DWR. We even package our products in fully biodegradable, acetate ethylene bags.
• Our award winning, proprietary hemp fabric which we developed from hemp and recycled plastic bottles in 2004. This fabric has been updated with the following:
• fluorocarbon free DWR
• solvent free lamination
• cire (heat press) on the face for added water repellency with out adding chemicals
• we believe this to be a superior outerwear product to bamboo offerings because it is not
pulped before becoming a fiber. Viscose (pulped) fibers tend to be softer and absorb more water. Also, viscose (pulped) fibers are less abrasion resistant.
• Hemp fibers are extremely long and very tough making them extremely abrasion resistant and having less water absorbtion. This is why we selected the hemp fiber.
• C_Change™ laminate by Schoeller® in our 3L jackets and pants. This lamination is blue sign certified. www.bluesign-tech.com
• Eco-friendlier lining material - They have excellent heat retention, are anti- microbial, have evaporative qualities and are eco friendlier.
• All Holden products are shipped in acetate ethylene bags that are both recyclable and biodegradable in 6 years.
• PFOA free DWR coatings
• Recycled Eco high-loft poly insulation
• Solvent free laminations
• Use of Earth sustainable zippers – 100% recycled polyester zipper tape, 30% recycled teeth and 30% recycled zinc alloy pull. The polyester repreve process eliminates the crude oil consumption and need for chemicals negatively impacting our environment.